Friday, October 26, 2007

Humility...

is like Tyrannosaurus Rex...Extinct!

Like I promised in my last post that I would share my thoughts on humility, so here I am keeping my words. (Ain't that a smart way to make you read my last post?)

Humility is not traveling by bus when you can drive your Mercedes. It's so related to our inflated egos, self-importance and self-obsession.

Imagine the enormity and the expanse of this universe? So many galaxies...one of them is ours- The Milky way which comprises of the solar system. Nine planets. Then the Earth. So many countries. One of them- India. So many states, one of them is Delhi. So many places in Delhi, CP is just one of them. So many offices in CP, Fever 104 office is just one of them. So many rooms in the office, on air studio is just one of them. Millions and zillions of living things (micro-organisms) in this studio and I am just one of them.

Come to think of it...in comparison to such a vast cosmos...I am such a petty, measly of a being...so paltry. Not that I am saying I am worthless but the whole hue and cry of "nobody-takes-me-seriously", "my-views-mean-the-most", "no-body-asked-me-for-my-opinion", "am-i-not-important?" seems so worthless.
Phew! Looks like this "me, myself and I" world is a much bigger world than any world in the world! (And that's like 4 worlds in the last sentence! Tehee!)

And haven't we had enough already? Free sunshine, free water, free air...for donkey's years. We have been hogging like gluttonous pigs man. Time to thank God. It's pay back time now. Remember the thought of the day that you so proudly said in the school morning assembly--Service to mankind is service to God.

So no matter your boss screams at you, your siblings/relatives cheat you, your beloved ditches you, your colleagues scheme against you, just be kind to them, pray for them and serve them.
That I believe is the ideal definition of Humility.

Now you know why I paralleled Humility to Tyrannosaurus Rex?

4 comments:

Pd said...

My mom says, "Take bad words / schemes / plots against you as bad fruit in the vendors' cart. If you don't take then, you don't get then and they can't harm you." Highroad is the road to take. Be good to others, and nothing bad will ever happen to you. If something does happen, its just a test.
Its noon on a Saturday. Just woke up :p Funde saare issi time pe yaad aate hain. If only we can implement 1% of these fundas, life would be oh! so simpler!!

Lokesh-ious RJ writes said...

right said fred! :) oops i mean mom! :)

Anonymous said...

Oi, achei seu blog pelo google está bem interessante gostei desse post. Gostaria de falar sobre o CresceNet. O CresceNet é um provedor de internet discada que remunera seus usuários pelo tempo conectado. Exatamente isso que você leu, estão pagando para você conectar. O provedor paga 20 centavos por hora de conexão discada com ligação local para mais de 2100 cidades do Brasil. O CresceNet tem um acelerador de conexão, que deixa sua conexão até 10 vezes mais rápida. Quem utiliza banda larga pode lucrar também, basta se cadastrar no CresceNet e quando for dormir conectar por discada, é possível pagar a ADSL só com o dinheiro da discada. Nos horários de minuto único o gasto com telefone é mínimo e a remuneração do CresceNet generosa. Se você quiser linkar o Cresce.Net(www.provedorcrescenet.com) no seu blog eu ficaria agradecido, até mais e sucesso. (If he will be possible add the CresceNet(www.provedorcrescenet.com) in your blogroll I thankful, bye friend).

Anonymous said...

hi lokesh, i heard you on fever after a long time since u left for dubai...have been trying to reach you...i am manjushree pandey was working wid tou in manav sthali earlier!!! i was away to kochi for a year and have just come back to delhi. it is great hearing your voice every morning. this is the only ay i thought i could reach you!!! bye take care mi email id is manjushree15@yahoo.com. if u can do keep in touch!!! cyaaa