Sunday, October 14, 2007

LD meets SRK K Jo

Can I be honest? I met up with Shah Rukh Khan on the last weekend and I wasn't really excited as you would expect me to be! No I am not one of those pseudo-intellects who looks down upon hindi films and raises an ignorant/disgusted brow at the mention of all the big stars. On the contrary I thrive on hindi films and meeting my favorite star would surely tickle me pink. But Shah Rukh isn't too top on my list, so there! In fact I like Karan Johar more and was grinning from ear to ear when I met him along with SRK.

We were parked outside one of the halls of The Taj, Delhi, near the escalators. Sudeenly there was an eerie hush, a grave silence coz people had sniffed SRK's presence. He was coming down the escalators with a band of punters tailing behind. He was dressed in a white shirt with top two buttons undone revealing his newly attained cleavage :). (Shouldn't he have opened the last two buttons to flaunt his much talked about 6 pack?) He wore a black pair of trousers and his long hair were gelled and tied in a tiny pony. He wore black shades. (Can never figure this out why these stars sport shades indoors?) I heard people take deep sighs, sensed them shake in their boots and go- "O-my-gawd!"

I didn't feel anything o-my-gawd-ish about SRK. To me he appeared like a distorted Indian version of Michael Jackson. Indeed- O-my-gawd!!

His cheeks were sunken, his waist giving competition to Shilpa Shetty's and he had a slight hunch. He looked so plastic that I felt his skin would peel off any moment like plaster from an old, dilapitated building's wall.


But I have to give him due credit for his qucik wit. The man shows amazing spontaneity and can never let anyone have an upper hand in the battle of wits. Though he suffers from verbal diarrohea. It's like you ask him a question, catch a power nap, go for a walk, come back and he would still be giving you the answer of the same question that you asked him ages ago. Phew! You have no clue during the interview how many times I must have said- "got it due...can we move on now...?" I am sure SRK can never be a jock on my station- Fever 104, less talk more music, teehee!

On the other hand, I was thrilled to meet Karan Johar. Effeminate. Homo. Pancy. Sissy. None of this matters. What matters is the fact that he comes across as a great human being. There are very few people who indulge in self-depricatory humour (genuinely) and he is the epitome of the same. (And if I dare say I relate to him on this so so much).
He sported a black blazer with a very neat white shirt. He is much taller than I expected him to be and much broader too. He looked much more alive in sharp contrast with the doddering SRK. Most of all, he gave a fantastic interview. My regard for him has gone much higher now.

One problem he shares with SRK is that he too talks too much. They just go on their spree. One thought put in 10 sentences. It's like never ending man, like my intelligence doubted big time. I can grasp things in one go dude! Phew!!

So that's that. The SRK-K Jo meeting. I am sure the world would give a right arm to rub shoulders and share space with them. And I had a hearty half an hour chat with the two of them. It pays to be an RJ sometimes, eh?

2 comments:

Pd said...

So being an RJ pays??
Anyway, am not a huge fan of either. For being a member of the audience, I like the character, and the actor who brought life to that character. I don't know SRK or KJO personally so I can't say I will die for them. But I could die for the tota-naak in Fauji!!

Lokesh-ious RJ writes said...

pd- being an RJ pays? if u r talking abt mooolah..well i better not say anything...but if r talking in terms of meeting the big shots...then i will say it's a meagre payment...i guess i am never happy..ha...
and fauji?? o u remember that serial..damn neat yaar...i say chap!! winks...