Tuesday, December 11, 2007

Life in a Lounge

Whenever I write anything on my blog, I am so sure that there will be a bunch of people who will be able to relate to what I say. But this time I am a bit doubtful. Tell me honestly - Do you like to wait in those long serpentine queues? Well! I do. In fact longer the queue, the better I feel.
Last week I had gone to a bank to open an FD account. (Talk about mammoth savings dude!!) So I fetch my token number and am thrilled to see that it's some 40 numbers away. I grab a seat in one corner, yawn, stretch myself and dig out a book from my bag and bury my head into it. Time just flew by and I didn't even come to know when the machine beeped my number. In fact I was so reluctant to go to the counter as I was hardly a page away from the climax of the book.

Then a couple of days back I had gone to see one of my friends at his office. He was away for lunch so I had to wait. AND I DIDN'T MIND THAT AT ALL. I just sank into the inviting arms of the leather couch that adorned their fancy lounge area. I feasted my eyes on some PYTs who passed by in their full yak-yak giggle glory. It's nice to observe people sometimes. There were so many different species at my friend's office-

The brand babes. It starts from D&G at the top and Mango in the middle and ends at Anne Klein or Nina or Hush Puppies. They make sure that you at least take a dekko at their ensemble and cajole a compliment or two too.

Then there was the ALWAYS-BUSY-BREED. No matter they are on facebook or fetching a cup of coffee or even peeing, they will always have this super busy expression pasted on their face.

Then there were the cutie love birds prancing around, some uptight bosses in designer ties and frowns, the ever so watchful guards and the bunch that keeps any office going- the coffeemakers.

Suddenly a tap on my shoulder breaks my revery and my friend greets me with a string of apologies for getting late...and in my head I am like "dude you came a bit early...I was having fun."

Then yesterday I was at my dentist's clinic. Two RCTs. OUCH! But the COUCH was o so comforting, with a Film fare in tow. Life was set! I devoured every article, all oblivion to my tooth-ache. Suddenly I was summoned. I wanted to tell- "I can wait; kindly attend the other patients" but I lethargically dragged myself from the couch and made my way to the torture chambers.

So the point that I have been trying to make for past 50 hours is that I like to wait in queues. I live my life there- thinking, reading, observing, day-dreaming...

Do you feel the same? Please let me know.

7 comments:

Pd said...

A seat-a book. A leather couch-bootiful babes. A couch-Filmfare. All good.

Try two suitcases and a bag-Airport-Standing-on way back to India-wailing baby in front-stinking uncle in the back-2.5 hours. Would life still be in a lounge??

Lokesh-ious RJ writes said...

honestly i wouldn't mind. i mean i love kids- wailing, screaming, laughing, irritating..any kinds...and the airport and to top it all the airport of the US of America would be my fav lounge...so get all the stinking crowd on...and i would still be happy in my lounge...:)

RJRhicha said...

Loquacious Lokesh is equally loquacious in his mind as well :) Great observations, as usual. And quite well put. I already feel like a teacher grading a student's essay so lemme just cuz the **** ans say Atta boy !!!!! Keep writin, keep talkin yeah? Fun it is.

Lokesh-ious RJ writes said...

hey rhicha- love the last bit- keep writing and talking- i mean i make a living outta it :) and i love it too...! truly motivating...:) u r a great pal...so glad...:)

Anonymous said...

i wish my one hour 45 minutes journey to office evryday in the jam packed tube was as delicious as your fanciful experiences!! True, a book does wonder and at times one reluctantly have to close to get off,as your station aproaches.But at times you are so tired not even a book helps...and the mind is too tired to cook stories about people's appearances in the vicinity...then what to do dude??Please suggest...

Lokesh-ious RJ writes said...

hey masha (astha!)
now that's quite a question- u can do loads actually! books, music, revery are a passe...how about catch some zzzz...gawd i love them so so much...:)

Karachiite said...

hello!!!! so u write as well!! hello from a fellow blogger :p

anywho!! sumtimes yes, i love waiting just cause i need my own time to think... but not always!! did u like waiting in the canteen queue in recess time at skool??? hated tht bit.. always kisi ko paise pakraya aur lunch mangwaya!! :D

-Karachiite!