Thursday, March 20, 2008

Tummy VS Tongue

and the obnoxious size of my tummy these days announces the terrific triumph of my tongue.

Aren’t our body parts so brilliantly bonded? There is this unheard, uncanny connection among them. The nose smells the aroma of delicacies, the eyes come alive with the riot of their colors and finally the mouth oozes Niagara of drool.

Good food always excites the little Tommy in me. I can smell great food from miles, wag my tail behind it and keep panting till my dangling tongue polishes the last morsel of everything that’s served.

During my vacation, I am sleeping like a log and hogging like a pig. Everyday begins with my eyes feasting on some grilled sandwiches filled with sinful layers of cheese and jam and some exotic veggies or parathas of all kinds, methi, aaloo, gobhi, paneer, soaked in Amul butter or Pastas cooked in three tangy sauces or Lasagnas richly baked with spinach and cheese. And of course the day also ends with my quick trips to the loo?

It’s like a constant battle between my tongue and tummy. The greedy tongue drops to the floor even at a little glimpse of food and the turbulent tummy retorts in vain.

I have been eating like there’s no tomorrow and I can’t help it at all. I feel so romantic about food. It always feels like the excitement of the first kiss, the first touch, the first night! And I can never get enough of it. After numerous gross farts and burps after every meal, my leg keeps shaking in anticipation and my spoon keeps digging in the leftovers of plate.

As I write my endless romance with food, I see my empty plate that prompts me to raid my refrigerator yet again.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dear Lokesh just today I was reading how many million people will be obese by the end of the decade. congratulations! you will be one amongst them.

Psst! Me too

Anonymous said...

T vs. T battle has been elaborated upon quite graphically and more-than-sufficiently ;) But dude, that's a brave and interesting piece of literature so may the battle go on and many more confront you in future !!

Anonymous said...

T vs. T battle has been elaborated upon quite graphically and more-than-sufficiently ;) But dude, that's a brave and interesting piece of literature so may the battle go on and many more confront you in future !!

Lokesh-ious RJ writes said...

Hey rhicha
it's spookily uncanny that ur comments are a replica of some anonymous chap who decided to leave a comment just a minute before you. HEHEHEHE! JK! thanks so so much for ur comments! And I m sure u can relate to it well coz i know the juggy in u smiles a shark smile whenever there is a mention of anything edible :)
drooooooooool! :)

Ameya said...

Dude... I so agree with the 3rd comment! (and the 2nd too)... Can literally see ur food fetish! And more so when u have compared it with the series of firsts.

Wish you a feast ALWAYS

'a