Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Nokia didn't help...

in connecting people, yet again.

Last evening, I was getting too irritated and bored so I thought I would call my friends and have a chat with them and make myself feel better.

My first call went to one of my students who is more of a friend now than a student, Saransh. I called him up because I usualy don't call him up and he is the one who always takes the initiative and speaks to me in his full enthu-cutlet style "hiiiii sir, longgg timeeee..." So I thought I would return all his calls. I punched the number with full gusto. The bell rang. He answered and said-
"Sir I am driving right now, will call you later!"

Alas!

My next dial was to my best friend, Amit. He has been blessed with a baby girl and I so wanted to ask him about her, if he had christened her and tell him all the names that I had thought for her. He answered my call and responded to my volley of questions with restrained monosyllabic answers. The little Sherlock Holmes in me prompted that he was busy and the usual- "will call you later" ended the call.

Next I called up one of my very good friends, Neelu. She can be outrageously cynical sometimes and cracks jokes that she only finds funny but she is a darling anyway (and sometimes proofreads my blog too). And the fact that I can be just myself with her makes her one of my most special friends. Her phone rang and rang and rang and is still ringing.

Manhar was taking his mom to the dentist.
Sid was unavailable.
Sushma's phone was out of range.
And the usual- the vodafone you are trying to reach is currently busy. Please call after some time.

Phew! After such a marathon, I just curled up with a bowl of tomato soup and a book, the title of which (funnily) reads-

ALMOST SINGLE.

Do I need say more?

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

ha......it happenz....wenever u g88 bored u r jus left 2 urself coz everybody is damn so busy or unavailable......wonder y don't i b alwayz busy lyk every1 else??.....i remain busy bt dese short span of tym i alwayz hav wen i don hav nythin 2 do.........but still oders r alwayz busy :))

Pd said...

May this Thursday bring you all the joys of life. May you never be single. Have a happy Thursday!

PS: Mujhe call to kya kabhi sms tak nahin kiya aur mail ka to saalon se koi ata pata nahin hai. But, no complains.

Lokesh-ious RJ writes said...

hey anonymous
first of all thanks for dropping in a line...
but steaming a lit' secret out- i like names...no anonymity...
hint hint...
:)

Lokesh-ious RJ writes said...

pd-
abey oye amrica call karunga toh poore mahine ki salary kharach ho jayegi...chindiiiiiiiiiii...:) aur tu toh itni item hai..india aa ke bhi call nahi ki...:(
huh!

Anonymous said...

hey lokesh wotsay abt anamika????better den anonymous!..lol..kiddin

from nex tym i wud leave d comment wid d name......
take care

Lokesh-ious RJ writes said...

anamika? now it is a no name or a name? haaaa! but i am glad u r dropping by...welcome welcome...:)